Labels

Monday, January 22, 2018

Jason Branford. Safari guide at Tented Adventures, Pretoriuskop, Kruger National Park


"Hi, my name is Jason Branford and I am a safari guide at Tented Adventures.
I am outgoing and fun to be around.
For as long as I can remember, I have had a passion for educating and sharing my bush knowledge.
Working at Tented Adventures has given me the opportunity to share this information
with our guests, both local and International.
Currently I cannot see me living or working anywhere else". 

Something almost spiritual occurs when a Lion stares into your eyes.
My guests have commented on more that one occasion 
that it seems as if this magnificent beast can see into their very soul. 

Not every game drive is about the "Big 5".
The Dung Beetle plays an extremely important role in utilizing
the faeces of most of the larger game species as a food source.

A favourite of mine and one that is not regularly seen during game drives.
The Wild Dog, or Painted Wolf as it used to be called.
They live in packs that are controlled by an Alpha male and female.
Their hunting methods may seem brutal, 
but they are on of the most successful predators.
Oh, and I do warn my guests that they will often smell the pack before you they are seen!

The Leopard...a solitary hunter.
No matter how many times I come across these animals in the wild,
I am in awe of their beauty and their power.
I try to convey this excitement to those guests who are on my vehicle with me at this time.
These cats are extremely elusive and a sighting is the cherry on top 
of any game drive.
"I look forward to having you on my vehicle in the near future"

*BREAKING NEWS*
Tented Adventures recently won a Lilizela Tourism award!
Well done to all concerned.
To find out more about what we offer,
visit our website:

No comments:

Post a Comment